A healthy marriage requires a healthy foundation.
We are pleased that you have made the decision to seek Biblically based pre-marital preparation before entering into the sacred covenant of Marriage. The purpose of this Program is to assist the participants in building a Biblical understanding and foundation for their marriage and to better prepare them for married Life.
The decision to be married is one that is made with an intention to be together for a lifetime. In view of the seriousness of the commitment you are considering and the importance of the material to be covered, you should allow enough time before your wedding day to complete the pre-marital preparation program comfortably.
The Pre-Marital Preparation Program is designed for single opposite sex participants considering marriage and wishing to build a foundation of a strong and lasting relationship. This includes those with or without a Christian faith background. The Program will be in a group format and will run over a six-week period (one evening per week), covering a variety of topics, with a brief talk each week and an opportunity for discussion and feedback.
A further 4-week (one evening per week) Counselling program is available immediately after the first six sessions, for those who wish to utilise this resource (although it is highly recommended for all who are planning to be married at the New Testament Assembly). These sessions are to be booked and paid for prior to the commencement of Week 1 to ensure that counsellors are available.
Participants are required to:-
- Complete and return the Registration Form prior to Week 1 of Program;
- Agree to complete all suggested tasks prior to each scheduled Group session;
- Agree to arrive on time and to attend all Pre-Marital sessions, as there will be no refund of fees paid due to non-attendance;
- Prayerfully seek, and listen with a desire to hear from God (James 1:19 and Proverbs 1:5).
My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, - James 1:19 International Version (NIV)
let the wise listen and add to their learning and let the discerning get guidance,- Proverbs 1:5 (NIV)
In the Premarital Counselling Program, you are invited to step beyond the veil of the popular and superficial, to uncover a deeply personal and meaningful understanding of what it means to love and be loved. Through the six exciting sessions you will discover wisdom from God's word, which will be a lamp for your feet and a light on your path".
- Family History (genogram & family script)
- Love Bank & Love Languages
- Perception & Problem Solving
- Commitment to Care
Sessions will be participatory and lecture-style. We hope all will participate in session open and honestly whilst respecting the opinion of others.
All discussions in these sessions are confidential.
You will be asked to complete a Pre-Marital Personal History Questionnaire which we hope will help you learn more about yourself and to recognise issues you may wish to discuss prior to marriage. This questionnaire should be retained by you and will not be discussed in the group sessions due to its personal nature. You may however wish to discuss some of these issues during the 4-week Counselling sessions in Weeks 7-10. The Questionnaire will be given to you once you have registered for the Program and paid the set fees.
All registration should be completed at least two weeks prior to the commencement of the Program.
Those desiring to be married at NTA should once again be aware that the program consists of 10 sessions which should be completed prior to your wedding date. Please note that it is at the discretion of the Pastors of the Church to marry those who have completed the Program.
We at the New Testament Assembly, Tooting strive to ensure that you are not only planning for a wedding day, but also for a lifelong marriage.
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. - Genesis 2:24
Registration & Cost
Registration for our March 2018 Program is now open.
Please complete and submit all registration forms as required and the appropriate fees paid at least two weeks before the Program commences.
- Weeks 1-6 cost £20.00 per Couple (i.e. £120) or £10.00 per individual participant (i.e. £60).
- Weeks 7-10 cost £30.00 per Session (i.e. £120), whether an individual participant or for a couple.
There is a £30 reduction in the total fees for those participants who pay at least 14 days in advance of Week 1 of the Program AND complete all 10 weeks.
- Please note that we accept written cancellations up to 7 days before the Program commences. After this, there will be no refund of fees unless there is a compelling reason for cancellation!
- Please note that attending this Pre-Marital Preparation Program is NOT an agreement of approval to be married by one of the Ministers of the New Testament Assembly Tooting.
- The New Testament Assembly is NOT obligated to meet any wedding date set prior to the completion of the sessions.
Our counsel is primarily based on the Word of God, the Holy Bible. Please be sure you thoroughly understand our position before registering on the Program.
Click here to complete the registration form below
Location – The Sanctuary, No 7 Beechcroft Road London SW17 7BU
Telephone - 020-8672-9416 or 020-8767-1406
Email - email@example.com